Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall Leaf Plates

Pin It

Inspired by the many fall leaves around us, and all the wonderful ideas circulating on the internet, my buddies and I made some of our own.

Photobucket

We used clear plastic plates, red and yellow biocolor paint, and black construction paper.

Photobucket

I gave them each a squirt of red and yellow paint and they fingerpainted to cover the plate. While they painted, I cut out black construction paper circles and from the circles the outline of a maple leaf. When they were satisfied with their painting, I placed the construction paper circle over their paint and wiped the excess off the edges.

Photobucket


The plates look quite pretty displayed in our window!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Very creative! Never thought of using plates like that! Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was excited when I found these plates. They're perfect for painting!

    ReplyDelete