Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Pudding Painting Buddies

My buddies love to paint. But they are not really concerned whether they have anything to show for their creativity. The preschool art mantra, "It's the process not the product!" really fits this activity that I picked up from Childfun.com: Pudding Fingerpaint

Photobucket

I assembled my ingredients and cooked up some vanilla pudding. I buy my pudding in bulk and make up just the quantity that I need. For painting, I used 1/2 cup of pudding mix and 1 1/2 cups of milk. I cooked it in the microwave till it was thick and creamy. (I prefer cooked pudding to instant, personally, but I am sure you could use instant, or even prepared pudding cups!)

After the pudding was cooked, I scooped out spoonfuls onto the plates my buddies would use for painting. Smart cookie that I am, I knew my buddies would do more eating than painting, so we used plates rather than the paper suggested on childfun.com. I wish I had divided my pudding into three bowls to colour first, it would have been faster than colouring three colours on three plates. I used gel colours to colour the pudding. I do like how the colours turned out.

Photobucket


Art? Or Yummy Snack? The answer: BOTH!
Photobucket


Had I used only yellow and red pudding, I could have let them turn their plates into pumpkins. I could have given them cut fruit to make eyes and mouths on their pumpkins, too.

And if my buddies were just a little older, we could have practiced writing our letters in the pudding. How much fun would that be?

1 comment:

  1. love the ideas you mentioned for these. My girls would love writing in pudding. We have done it with shaving cream & paint but I will have to try pudding - then they can eat it after! Helps w/clean-up!

    Thanks for linking to the Sunday Showcase! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us this week! :)

    Bern
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete