Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fancy Feather Painting

This idea was inspired by Childfun.com You can sign up to have art and craft ideas emailed right to you. When I got this email, I had to run out to the dollar store to purchase some feathers.

The idea was simply to let children paint freely as they wished with feathers. My buddies LOVED this! They used both sides of the feathers and really enjoyed seeing what they could do with the paint and the feathers.

Photobucket

To avoid the murky mess that their paintings sometimes become when they are overly eager about colour mixing, I limited the colours to red, blue, black and white. This worked fabulously! Even my youngest buddies were captivated by this project.

Photobucket

When finished, we added the coloured feathers right into the project for some beautiful pieces of art!

Photobucket
PreK + K Sharing

3 comments:

  1. I love visiting your blog, I always come away with something I want to try with my son and today is no exception. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! Thanks for linking up to the We LOVE Paint linky party over at PreKandK Sharing!

    ReplyDelete