Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Recycled Board Books

Photobucket

My buddies and I are avid book lovers, but that means our books are put through some pretty rugged use. Sometimes even the board books get damaged. I fix them if I can but sometimes they are beyond repair.

This was the case with one of my little board books. A page had come out and another was completely missing. I tried re-gluing the spine but it didn't hold. I decided to take it apart. I took each page out and I cut the rough edge off and rounded the corners. It was a animal parent and baby book. I could have made a few pairs of animals, but I decided to keep the all the parent animals and have a greater variety of animals. For more interest or fun, I added googly eyes to the animals. Then I used magnet tape on the back. I now have a set of magnet farm animals that will be perfect for use when singing "Old McDonald", for counting activities and animal sound guessing games!

Photobucket This activity has been shared on The Sunday Showcase and at Living Life Intentionally's TGIF Linky Party!

5 comments:

  1. That is a very cute idea! I wanted to invite you to link up at my TGIF Linky Party -http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea!! Found you on the TGIF linky party :) Always looking for new ideas like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the damaged book. who would have thought... well except you:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. way cute upcycling idea! I hate throwing books away - it pains me. Wish I had thought of something like this with all of our baby/toddler board books :(

    Thanks for sharing & linking to the Sunday Showcase! Hope to see you this week.
    Bern
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete