Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Tissue Paper Poppies

It's not so easy to teach the importance of Remembrance Day to toddlers, but I wanted to do an activity that would recognize this day. I knew that my buddies would be seeing a lot of poppies around and so I decided to let them make their own. In Canada, we wear a poppy to commemorate veterans who served and/or died in the war.

Photobucket

To make our poppies, I made simple white poppy shaped templates of white construction paper. I provided the glue and red tissue squares. Two at a time, I allowed them to crawl up to the table to create their poppy. After they glued their red tissue on, we placed a green felt circle in the centre. They turned out to be a pretty good representation of the poppies we see everywhere in November!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment