Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Playdough Waffles

Our waffle maker quit working after many loyal years of service. Since I never like to throw anything out, this was what I came up with. I removed the screws from the bottom of the waffle maker and removed the electrical cord. I cleaned off years of baked on cooking oil and presented it to my buddies along with their gingerbread playdough.



  Uploaded by Photobucket Mobile for BlackBerry



This new tool was a fantastic hit with my buddies. It takes a little muscle to scrunch the playdough into a waffle shape, but their effort is well rewarded when they open it up to see their nicely formed waffle!



Uploaded by Photobucket Mobile for BlackBerry

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to repurpose an old appliance!

    Thank you for linking up to the Best of 2011 Blog Party! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun idea and a great repurposing- I hate to throw things away too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really smart thing to do for loyal appliances. I'm sure the kiddos love it because it's a real (though not working) appliance. Makes them feel "grown-upy."

    ReplyDelete