Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Snowman Handprint Ornament

This is my most favourite of Christmas crafts. Using my buddies handprints, I create a lovely snowman ornament for the tree. It makes a beautiful Christmas present and my buddies' parents look forward to getting them each year.

I prefer to use blue glitter balls to create these ornaments. The blue contrasts nicely with the white, and makes a night sky backdrop for them. The glitter works wonders to keep my buddies hands from sliding and smearing the handprint. This is especially great for my youngest buddies.

I simply paint each child's hand with white acrylic paint and have them grasp the ball from the bottom, with fingers reaching up. The fingers will become the "snowmen". I set the balls in a cup to dry and when the paint is dry, I add details. I use acrylic paints and fine paintbrushes. The task of adding details would be made much simpler with paint markers, but I didn't have those. I add eyes, carrot noses, mouths, buttons, scarves, hats and any other details that seem to work.





   Uploaded by Photobucket Mobile for BlackBerry


They are super cute, and sure to please my buddies' parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment