My buddies and I weren't done with our ivory soap experiments yet. We had microwaved it, cut it up, built with it, crumbled it into bits, dissolved it in hot water and beat it with an electric mixer. At the end of their play, I saved the whipped up soap in a plastic container. After a couple of days, it lost it's fluffiness and wasn't quite as appealing. But it still had potential! I could have re-whipped it, but I wanted to try something else, so I added baking soda to the mix. I know that baking soda is used along with bar soap to make laundry soap, so even if my mixture wasn't a hit with my buddies, it could be used as something else. I added maybe half a cup of baking soda to my ivory snow/water mixture. What I ended up with, after mixing it with my mixer, was a frosting-like mixture. I took this mixture and spread it on a tray with some spoons and spatulas. I think next time I will add a fork and butter knife to spread it around with, too.
My buddies had a lot of fun with this! From just spreading the mixture around, to some pre-printing practise, I think they fully enjoyed the experience.