Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

De-labeling bottles

My buddies and I reuse and recycle a lot of bottles and containers.  The most difficult part is always removing those pesky labels!  The easiest way I have found is to first pull off as much of the label as I can, and then rubbing baby oil into whatever is left.  I let the baby oil soak in and start to break down the adhesive and then either scrape it off or just use a paper towel and rub off the rest.  I used to be able to use hot water with the plastic containers, but many containers no longer stand up to heat. 

Here's some of the things we have made:

Photobucket

Sparkle Bottle






Uploaded by Photobucket Mobile for BlackBerry

Squeezy Paint





Uploaded by Photobucket Mobile for BlackBerry

Oil and Water Discovery Bottles





Uploaded by Photobucket Mobile for BlackBerry

Milk Jug Jack O' Lantern

2 comments:

  1. Hey, excellent post! Appreciate you taking the time to put this article up.

    Reusable Containers

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very creative ideas; definitely a great way to reuse bottles.

    ReplyDelete