Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dinosaurs in the Swamp

One of the many wonderful things about working with children is that when it comes time for me to clean out my cupboards, I ALWAYS have something I can do with things that are expired or about to expire, or I just don't think we will ever actually eat. These noodles for instance.  My rule is:  If you can't remember when you bought something, you probably do not want to eat it.

Photobucket

I opened up the package, and I intended to break the noodles up and add them to a sensory bin that I had that was full of coloured rice, pasta shapes, etc.  But these noodles did not want to break.  They were really tough!

Photobucket


Instead of breaking them, I put them in a pan with some green food colouring and some cold water. I let them sit for about 10 minutes. The noodles became wonderfully soft and pliable. Nothing like cooked spaghetti.    Sort of translucent and almost plastic or rubbery feeling. I added some dinosaurs and set the pan out for play!



Photobucket



My buddies soon discovered this new play material and had a great time smooshing through the noodles and pulling them apart.  (N)oodles of fun for everyone!

Photobucket


I shared this on The Sunday Showcase!

No comments:

Post a Comment