Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fridge to Whiteboard

One of the challenges I face with having a family daycare in my home is to make the best use of the space I have.  I want to offer my buddies the same learning opportunities they would have in a preschool and that's not always easy in a home environment.  And in a full day, there are meals to make, diapers to change, and a million other things to do!

I try to keep things simple. I put learning into our home environment in the places where we naturally spend a lot of time.  With 2 snacks and a full lunch served daily, we spend a lot of time at the table where they eat.  The table is near the regrigerator and so this weekend, I turned my refrigerator into a whiteboard! 

Some of my buddies are just learning letters, while others have begun to recognize words.  All of them recognize their names!  So each day I will be writing new words, phrases and sentences to practice our reading skills. 

This was another easy project to do.  I had purchsed a poster from Staples and had it laminated to make it into an instant whiteboard.  Then I taped it to my frigdge!  (Actually, it has been used as a whiteboard many times, in many different places - I am a complusive re-organizer!)

Photobucket

Shared on the Sunday Showcase.

1 comment: