Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Weather Window

While I was looking for something else entirely, I came across a weather pocket that I used to use. Inside the pocket, there are several cards with names of weather conditions and pictures on them. While my buddies and I talk about the weather, I realized I had yet to chart it or incorporate weather activities into our learning. Fortunately for me, there is a tall narrow window in our classroom, next to the sliding doors. It was an ideal place to stick up my weather pocket so I placed it on the narrow ledge inside the window and adhered it to the glass. Since we have frequent weather changes throughout each day, it's easy and accessible for my buddies to get a new weather label to describe the current conditions. They seem to be enjoying this and I may add more weather activities to our schedule in the future. For now, this has been a very simple addition to our daily routines that has prompted my buddies to look out the window and observe the weather, identify it and report it by posting the appropriate weather card.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment