Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Let the Sun Shine In!

I woke up this morning to my alarm clock/radio telling me that the highs today would be between 14 and 19 degrees Celcius.  Yesterday was beautiful and I had high hopes for today, too.  Unfortunately, the sky stayed pretty cloudy and it was rather dreary.  Before we went outside to play, I thought we'd make a little artificial sun to brighten our day.  This was a spur of the moment craft, but it was simple and perfect for my 2 and 3 year old buddies.  I gave them a yellow circle and strips of orange.  I asked them if they thought they could make some suns since we didn't have any sun in the sky today.  I was curious to see how they might put their "suns" together.  A couple of my older buddies began gluing their strips in the classic pattern.  I know that when children begin drawing, this classic sun pattern is one of the first things they draw.  My other two buddies created their pictures as they pleased, still calling them "suns".  Of course, this spurred a conversation about what suns should look like.  I had to explain that each of my buddies made their picture of the sun how they wanted it to look.  Every buddy seemed to accept that, so all was well in our little world. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment