Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Feet, Broccoli, and Sunshine

Here's a riddle for you, "What do feet, broccoli and sunshine have in common?"  (Hear the jeopardy music playing?...)

Give up? 

Answer: They are all perfect for painting!!!

I admit that we do a lot more painting when the weather is nice enough to do it outdoors.  I love the freedom that the absence of carpets and furniture bring to potentially messy activities like painting. 

This week, my buddies and I celebrated our freedom painting with some uneaten broccoli that was left over from snack.  We try to eat healthy, but I suspect my buddies enjoyed painting with the broccoli more than they did eating it...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


My buddies quite enjoyed the broccoli painting, but even more fun was painting with our feet!  I used a combination of washable yellow crayola paint, water and cornstarch in a container that they could easily dip their feet.

Photobucket



Photobucket

Soon, the bricks were covered in yellow paint! 

3 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I am all for painting broccoli instead of eating it (one of the only veggies I dislike as a vegetarian!). We've been painting a bit lately and I agree, it's more freeing outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they had fun. They put a lot of thought and enthusiasm into their painting! And the broccoli was perfect, it made such a neat print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know what to do with all the broccoli my kids won't eat. So fun. Just pinned! Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete