Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Get Crackin'

Some time ago, I'm not quite sure how long, before Easter, though.  I came across an idea that scared me just a little and intrigued me A LOT.  Deborah at Teach Preschool had put paint in those little plastic eggs and given them to her preschoolers to open and paint with.  I just knew that my buddies would LOVE this.  I was a little concerned about the mess.  I don't mind mess, but this one, I thought might get out of hand, and I waited for a day nice enough to do it outdoors.  And I gave her idea a little twist.  You can click on the Teach Preschool link to see how she did it with her children.  This is how my buddies and I decided to get crackin'.

Photobucket

I went through my many, many plastic eggs, searching for the ones that did not have holes in them. IMPORTANT that they don't have holes!   When I had a tray full I started filling them with paint.  I made up a batch of diluted white biocolor paint.  I put about a tablespoon of the diluted white into each egg.  Then on top of the white, I put a non-diluted drop of yellow, maybe half a teaspoon or so.  The yellow and white didn't really mix - which is what I was hoping, because....

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

It gave us an almost realistic eggy look to our art!

No comments:

Post a Comment