Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Bang on the Drum All Day

My buddies come up with some pretty great ideas all on their own.  These are the ideas that please them, capture their interest and entertain them all at the same time.  Today, for example, it was DRUMS!  A couple of my buddies had some narrow cardboard cylinders and began beating them on the bottom of a couple of containers.  I wanted to encourage the exploration of sounds so I turned a large tub and pail upside down and placed it nearby.  It was quickly incorporated into the drum play and soon other children were finding their own materials to beat and bang with.  It was great fun and we will do more sound exploration over the next little while.  I've left their little set up alone and will be discreetly adding more items to experiment with soon.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love when the kids create an activity all on their own.

    ReplyDelete