Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Wonderfully Wondrous Water Beads

Seeing all the water bead activities on pinterest and in the blog world made me curious.  Curious, but hesitant.  Hesitant enough that when my sister purchased some and offered to let my buddies play with them, I declined.  And still, I saw more posts on water beads, and new ways people were playing with them.  Then I saw an idea on Play Create Explore that I could not forget.  She put plastic gems in with her water beads and they became nearly invisible.  And I already had the gems!!!!!!  I could not forget about this activity and water beads were on my "simply MUST purchase" list.


Purchase them, I did.  And overpaid too, but it was still worth it!  I began by placing the little beads in a white bin and adding some water.



Photobucket



 My buddies and I kept checking on the beads throughout the day, watching them grow.  IT WAS SO COOL!!!!!  I didn't grow mine to their maximum size.  I let them stay a little smaller and firmer, with the idea that they might last longer with a little rougher play. 


Photobucket

My buddies and I were AMAZED.  They loved this to the point where it was almost over-exciting for them and it was hard to contain their play so that we kept the beads in the bins and off the floors.  Why oh why did I wait so long to do this?


Photobucket


After a couple of days of play my buddies got better at keeping the beads contained, and they still had great fun.  They are far less messy than I expected as well.  How's THAT for a bonus!


Photobucket

My buddies haven't shown signs of tiring of these beads.  When they do, I will either let them dehydrate for use another time or I will add some coloured water beads. Or perhaps we will float them in water...  I feel we are just at the tip of the iceberg with sooooo many fun activities ahead! 


1 comment:

  1. I can't say enough good about water beads. My daughter really have a great time with them. Actually all of us do. When ever I get them soaked up all us grown ups like to squish them too. try the colored ones (not red it stains) and place over a light table. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete