Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

The Ball Pit

Pin It

It seems like just the other day I had my yard all set up for my buddies.  Wait!  That's because it WAS just the other day!  It seems like every time I get things set up just the way I like SOMEONE (and you can read that as THE HUSBAND if you are so inclined) has to bring something or change something so that I am no longer set up quite right. 


Now, in all fairness, he did a very nice thing.  We have finally been blessed with beautiful sunny weather and he was thinking of my buddies and decided they would like a pool.  Just a little inflatable, well, little, but much bigger than the little froggy one we had. 

So it came to be that my buddies had a pool.  And it was a bit of a nightmare supervision wise because I can only be in one place at a time and when there is a pool full of water I need to be super vigilant.  But they had so much fun. 


Photobucket


They splashed and played and traipsed water and grass and dirt all through the house to the bathroom all afternoon. THE HUSBAND was adored and revered as a superhero. 

Photobucket

Later, in the evening, it became a tool in the investigation of sinking and floating objects.  At the end of the day, I drained the pool and stood it up on it's side. 


But the next day, when I went to refill it, it wouldn't fill.  There was a long tear in the seam where the floor of the pool joins the side wall.  And water was pouring out the bottom.  I was so not sad.


I liked the pool.  Kinda.  My buddies LOVED it.  I just didn't care for the danger-factor it brought.  I decided we could have our pool and BE SAFE, too.  I filled it up, this time will balls! 

So now my buddies have a BALL PIT!  It's just as much fun (or perhaps MORE) than the pool was and it causes me much less anxiety.  YAY, BALL PIT!



Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Oh that's a good idea and great for days when it isn't warm enough to be out in te pool.

    Thanks for linking to the Sunday showcase.

    ReplyDelete