Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Everything Old is New Again!

I have done it again!  Rearranged things.  This time it was our outdoor classroom.  You know how it is, you add one thing to the classroom and then you move something to accommodate it, and then suddenly EVERYTHING needs rearranging!  It was like that. 

We got a new roller coaster.... 

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODI5LmpwZw

And the roller coaster took up a lot of room and made the area very active.  So I had to move the multi-purpose table. 

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODMwLmpwZw

And it displaced the art table.  So the art table became an art and creativity station next to some shelves that held art supplies and musical instruments.


utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODMxLmpwZw


utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODQ4LmpwZw


And it's only logical to locate the water table nearby for easy clean up.  The empty laundry soap container is a perfect water dispenser.  And you just know that my buddies are going to be carrying the water around.  So I put the kiddie pool not too far away.


utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODQ1LmpwZw

And it's so nice out these days, we need a place to eat our lunches and snacks outside, but in the shade. 

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODQyLmpwZw

The village hasn't changed location, but look in the right hand corner.  That space used to be just dead space.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODMzLmpwZw

I stuck a little picnic table in there to create a nice, quiet area to play.  I can't wait till my buddies discover this little area.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODM0LmpwZw

Our flowers are growing, although not as tall as last year.  And the weeds are also growing.  The new bird feeder is popular with the birds and squirrels alike.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODUzLmpwZw

My buddies now have a new place to build.  We have tools and duplo blocks stored here, but there are many things we'll be using in this area.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODM5LmpwZw



Outdoor storage can be challenging because of all the rain we get.  I find these wire shelves and the crates to be the best as they allow the water through.
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODQ0LmpwZw



Keeping the cleaning equipment like child size brooms, scrubbers and sponges accessible encourages my buddies to help with the clean up.
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODUwLmpwZw



We still have the typical slides, seesaw and rocker toys.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODM4LmpwZw


And after all that organizing, this was the place to be.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA4LTA0ODM3LmpwZw

I'm looking forward to a great summer of play!

I shared my backyard makeover on It's Playtime



2 comments:

  1. What a great job you did! Thank you fro sharing your post with me, i will link to it!!
    with love,
    Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here from Mama Smiles - what a classroom! I love the way you have set everything up. It's a child's paradise! The roller coaster and the frog pool are adorable.

    ReplyDelete