Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Snow in July

Pin It
The day was sunny and hot. And we, who live on the West Coast were NOT complaining. The hot sun had been long in coming and we were all just a little grateful to see it. I wanted to take full advantage of the sun and play with some of the ideas people have been sharing. This one from Make, Do & Friend was top on my list! She made SNOW!


I couldn't wait to try! I took apart a couple of diapers and put the shredded part into my sensory table, I added water and some pails. Then to make it more snowy, I added ice-packs to cool it down.

Photobucket


It looked a lot like slushy snow!

Photobucket

My buddies had a blast playing with the snow. Their  parents were amazed and I'm pretty sure some of them really wanted to play, too. 



Photobucket



Photobucket


We left this concoction in the water table for a couple of days, on the 3rd day, we added another favourite sensory play ingredient.

Photobucket

Shaving cream!!!!! 

Photobucket

And it make buckets of foamy, sloppy fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment