Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Patience & Playdough

When I was looking for a recipe to make marshmallow playdough, I found instructions on how to make some from just marshmallows and peanut butter. I was skeptical and tried it out, just mixing marshmallows and peanut butter together. It worked - but took a long, long, time and I wondered if I could speed up the process, just a little bit, so my buddies could make it themselves. I decided that the problem had been that the marshmallows were hard to break down and I thought I could add a little grit to help the process by adding some coconut. It worked, speeded it up but not too much. My buddies still got to work those hand muscles and still needed a little patience and perseverance before they would be rewarded for their efforts.  This is what we did.

  Edible Playdough Snack
Put the peanut butter, marshmallows and coconut in a bag.  Seal the bag and then check to see that it's sealed!

Pin It



edible playdough snack

Keep working the playdough till the marshmallow is all broken down.  Add a little icing sugar at this point, about  tsp was lots, it just thickens it up and adds just a little sweetness.



Edible Playdough Snack

This was my original bag of playdough, so there is a lot more in it.  When your playdough is ready, it will clump together and pull away from the bag in spots.





edible playdough snack

Open the bags and mold your playdough into whatever shape you like.




utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIxMDIyLTA2NDMwLmpwZw

This was my spider, cause I had to have some, too!  It was yummy.   and not at all too sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my my.... Can you say love?! Love it! Looks fun. I would love for you to add this to my weekly Mom's Library Weekly Link-Up.
    http://heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com/2012/10/moms-library-link-up-3-for-me.html

    Thanks and Be Blessed,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i've never heard of this before. what a cool take on homemade playdough. thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday! (it was good to see you)

    ReplyDelete