Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

The Joy of Giving

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIxMTMwLTAwMjEwLmpwZw


My buddies and I have been crafting up a storm this holiday season and I wondered what we should do with all the crafts we've been creating. Many of the crafts would make wonderful gifts and when one of my buddies' parents mentioned giving one away to a grandparent, I was inspired. Why not make a whole collection of different treasures so that my buddies would have something for everyone at their Christmas celebration? Children are more often on the receiving end of Christmas gifting.  (As a grandparent, I can tell you it is hard not to get carried away when Christmas shopping for the grandkids!) But if they were always on the receiving end, what a joy they miss out on!  Why not encourage children to give, too?  I decided that my buddies were going to have that opportunity this year.  I was going to help that happen.


I started with some simple red flannel sacks that I purchased at, you guessed it, the dollar store!    I picked very simple ones so that we could use them for a craft activity as well. To jazz them up a bit, we did hand and foot print reindeer on them, using brown and pinkish beige paint. I glued on pom pom noses and faux wooden button eyes. All of the ornaments and treasures we make as gifts are going into the sacks and each buddy will take one home for Christmas.  I have a vision in my head, not of sugar plums, but of my buddies reaching into their sacks to pull out presents for all the wonderful people around them at Christmas.  I'm so excited to hear the stories of their Christmas day!   I hope that I will have given them a memory they won't soon forget.
Pin It





3 comments:

  1. those are so cute! i love handprint art! it's always fun to look back years later at those little hands! thanks for sharing this at tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and a great idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Eco-Kids Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would make great reusable gift sacs each year! Thanks for sharing on Eco Kids!

    ReplyDelete