Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Pancake Muffins

 photo pancakemuffins.jpg

Pin It
My buddies love to cook and bake. They love to eat the things that they have helped to make, too.  I love simple recipes that are quick to prepare.

I saw these first on pinterest.    You can look at all the recipes here: Pancake Muffins on Pinterest

I am a huge fan of Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix.  It's the only mix I have ever found that hasn't tasted like cardboard.  I could make pancakes from scratch, and I love those, too, but this is the simple way.

I preheated the oven to 375 degrees F.  My buddies helped to grease the muffin tin and then we just mixed up a batch of pancake batter.  The 2 cup quantity of mix with 1 1/3 cups of water was just about right.  Don't over-mix the Krusteaz!!!!  Everybody seems to want to beat the pancake batter up.  Don't do it.  It says so right on the bag.  You end up with flat, dry pancakes when what you want is light and fluffy! 

Once your batter is mixed, but not over-mixed, I poured it into the muffin tins.  THEN comes the fun part.  My buddies added blueberries, chocolate chips, marshmallows and cut up bits of bananas to their pancake muffins.  I gave a little stir to mix their add-ins into the muffin and popped them into the oven.  These muffins don't really brown on top like other muffins so you have to watch close to see when they are done.  Ours were done after about 12 mins, but I would start watching at 10 mins.  The instructions I had read said 12 - 15 mins.   

I think these would make awesome quick breakfasts on your way out the door, too.  So you could make up a batch and keep them in the freezer to use as needed.  They taste like pancakes, but are convenient like a muffin, without the sugar that some muffins contain.

1 comment:

  1. Everytime my grandkids come to visit, they want to cook. This is something that we can cook, and freeze any leftovers. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete