Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Decadent Chocolate Handprints

chocolate handprint photo chocolatehandprint.jpg

Pin It



My buddies and I have made quite a few different handprint crafts over the years. This one is as delicious as it is cute. Best of all, it's easy to make! Using this Foolproof Chocolate Fudge recipe on the Eagle brand website I was able to make enough to create four chocolate handprints. I made the recipe on the stovetop but I imagine the microwave version would work just as well. Instead of the square pan, I used a rectangular pan. My buddies are all under the age of 4 so their hands are not very big, if your children are bigger you might want to make more.  I guarantee you won't be disappointed in the fudge.  After lining the pan with foil, I pressed the fudge into the pan with a rubber spatula. I then placed a layer of plastic wrap over the top of the fudge while it was till a little warm. I had each of my buddies press their hand onto the plastic wrap and into the fudge.

I want to do this project again, but this time I would like to flip it out of the pan and make handprints on the bottom of the fudge instead.  That way the handprint would be on the smoother, flatter surface.  I think I would also cut it into the four sections before making the handprints and this would give the edges a smoother cut.   Either way, this was a craft that was as easy to do and as it is sure to please!

No comments:

Post a Comment