Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Make a "SHARKNADO"

Sharknado! photo Sharknado.png
Pin It

My buddies and I have been the very happy recipients of some Steve Spangler test tubes.  We've been playing with them and really enjoying ourselves.  They're really durable so I don't worry about my buddies  with having to be too careful with them.  They will be super for messy experiments too, as they can even be put through the dishwasher! 

One of the simple science experiments that was suggested with the test tubes was to make a twister.  We tried that right away.  I was surprised to see how easily it worked.  We filled the test tube about 3/4 full of water, added a drop of dish soap and shook it.  I thought that I would have to twirl it in a circle to make the twister but you can just flick it back and forth with your wrist and get the effect just as easily.  My buddies were fascinated by the little tornado inside.  They quickly figured out how to make the tornado themselves.

Just for fun, and because I can no longer think of tornados without sharks.... I cut out a couple of cellophane shark shapes and added them to the test tube.... instant SHARKNADO!  And that's one of the little ways I amuse myself, but I'm sure their parents will get a laugh today, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment