Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop Set up photo IMG_00001165.jpg
Pin It

 

Ever since I saw the Coffee Shop Activity on Happy Hooligans, I had been anxious to try it. 


 I didn't have a water jug like she used, so I was patiently waiting for my laundry detergent bottle to run out. 

Recycling Empty Detergent Bottle photo IMG_00001161.jpg


 It seemed to take forever!  When it finally emptied, I rinsed it and filled it with water that I coloured with brown food colouring.


Wire Whisk photo IMG_00001164.jpg


I added accessories like a whisk and saucepan, and some plastic coffee mugs.


Pretend "Sugar" photo IMG_00001163.jpg


We had a sugar bowl filled with salt to discourage tasting, and fancy spoons for scooping and stirring.


"Foamy Milk" photo IMG_00001169.jpg


An empty foaming soap bottle was refilled with about a teaspoon or so of soap in water to make some pretend foamy milk to top their coffee, too.  It was the perfect topping for some perfect pretend play!


No comments:

Post a Comment