Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Raspberry Slime

 photo RaspberrySlime.png
Pin It


Summer is the perfect time for sensory play.  I have been coming across lots of slime recipes, many of them on Fun at Home With Kids .  All these recipes inspired me to try my hand at creating some slime fun for my buddies.  I wanted something non-toxic, since some of my buddies are very young and I wanted to be sure it would not be irritating on sensitive skin.  This is what I came up with using ingredients from my kitchen.


Raspberry Slime Recipe

  • 1/2 cup tapioca
  • 2 tbsp raspberry jello powder
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 cup cornstarch

  • Boil the tapioca until the pearls are plump and clear, add the raspberry jello powder.  Stir well and allow mixture to cool a bit. Then add the cornstarch.  Allow to cool to room temperature and then let the play begin!



I put the slime outside on trays on a picnic table.  I had a variety of containers and materials for my buddies to use to explore the slime.  As I sat down to create this post, I found that Child Central Station had created a similar fantastic slime.  I especially like the look of the clear slime and I'm going to have to try that out with my buddies, too.  It's looking like it will be a fun and slimy summer! If you've never made slime, you're in for a surprise. Most kids love the feel. If you have made slime, tell me, what's your favourite recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment