Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Easy Christmas Houses

 photo ChristmasHouse.png
   
Pin It


If you're looking for a very easy project for your children this Christmas, this one is for you!  Last year, I was planning to make the classic graham wafer covered milk carton with my buddies but wasn't able to find the small milk cartons that we usually use.  Knowing that rice crispy treats are so easy to cut, I made up a thick pan of rice crispy treats and cut the pieces into triangles to substitute for the houses.

It was fairly easy to put the graham crackers on the sides.  Mine just stuck to the rice crispy treats but you could use frosting to attach them, too.  I had premade this part of the houses on sturdy disposable plates.  Then I handed them out and provided my buddies with assorted candies and some frosting and let them go to work.  They had a great time and were able to finish their houses independently.  This would be a great class project for a group of kids because once the houses are made, they don't need much assistance.  I think they turned out great!  They were so pleased to take them home.




 photo EasyChristmasHouses.png

No comments:

Post a Comment