Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Chocolate Rice Crispy Eggs

Pin It


I wanted to make an easy Easter treat for my grandkids and thought I could combine their favourite rice crispy cake with an Easter theme.

We started by mixing up a batch of Rice Crispy Squares following the recipe.  My grandkids helped measure and pour the marshmallows and while I stirred them on the stove they measured out the rice crispy cereal that we would need. They also greased a pan.

When the marshmallows had completely melted and combined with the margarine, we added the cereal and poured it in the pan, allowing the mixture to cool before I shaped them into egg shapes. I made the eggs flat on the back to make them easier to decorate.


 photo Chocolate Rice Crispy Eggs 2.png

After shaping the eggs I melted some milk chocolate chips in the microwave on low.  I put the melted chocolate into a ziploc bag and pressed out the excess air.  Then I snipped off a small corner of the bag.  


 photo Chocolate Rice Crispy Eggs 3.png



I think they would have been great drizzled with pretty pastel coloured candy melts, too, or with tubes of coloured frosting.  My husband and grandkids thought they were very tasty as they were and that's all that matters to me :)   Will you be making Easter treats?  I'd love to hear what you're making.

No comments:

Post a Comment